April 21, 2007

A New Posting!

Surprise Surprise! Yes, I'm posting....and I have to say that it feels kinda great. Since it has been so long since my last post, I have a hodge podge of stuff to share. So here goes and try to keep up.

As it turns out I have knitted more that I thought I had so far this year. My biggest goal was reached by attempting the "branching out" lace scarf for the third time, and actually got completely through it, cast off, blocked it, and sent it off to mama for Mothers day. Here is a picture of corgimom modeling it for me. also take note of the beautiful sweater corgimom knitted and is wearing. Looks like they were almost meant to be knitted and worn together, huh?






















At the end of March I finally finished my husbands mistake rib scarf as seen here.


Just a tad late for the winter season, but lets not talk about that, shall we?


Here is my 16X16 inch square for my friend Jodi's chemo blanket. A group of us knitters got together and knitted up squares and then assembled them into a blanket for our friend who was going through breast cancer chemo treatments. It turned out lovely and she loved it. I wish I had a completed blanket picture to show you.

Now this picture is purely eye candy for the ladies. I'm only posting it, cause I think my hubby looks Hot in this picture. Eat your hearts out girls.



In all seriousness, here we are having dinner in the city at Zelo. An old friend from San Jose was in town and we met her there for dinner to catch up. It was a wonderful evening and oh, the food was so good.Good times, good times.


And to start off the month of June off right, Amy and I went to the midnight showing of the Buffy Sing-a-long in Minneapolis. Unless you are a Buffy the vampire slayer fanatic, don't even try to understand. All you need to know is that it was SO MUCH FUN! See Amy's blog entry here for pictures and a very accurate recap of the night.


Also Amy and I are going to see Prince in July. You know.... The artist formerly known as Prince, Prince. Talk about getting down and having some F-U-N this summer.

and speaking of summer.....it has officially begun with the end of school last week. Here's my family post dinner and pre-Ian haircut lounging lakeside at centennial lakes.



Yes, notice the rockstyle hairdo....and mismatched clothing middle child is wearing?
Let's just say that I have to choose my battles wisely.

And here is darling husband on a park bench relaxing.























let's zoom in a little closer, shall we?

Yep whaddya know? That little $#!@ is sleeping.






















and so this is how summer begins for us Dickinson's.

Next week....we will all be going to Las Vegas for a week and then off to California for a week. We can't wait. Lots of family to visit and the kids are excited to see our old stomping grounds. It has been five years since they have been back and they have grown a lot since then. It will be so great.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gonna party like it's 1999...

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well - it was worth the wait for the posting!

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sleeping, just restin' his eyes.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Corgimom said...

Zelo is the best. You two are so cute together! You have been getting lots of knitting done- and you beat me to finishing my branching out scarf. Mine is still not done. I should probably finish that some day...

11:45 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Welcome back!!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Consider me jealous of your prince tickets.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Kelle said...

Oh crap, now I don't have anyone to point to and say, "well, she hasn't posted in a long time either!"
Have a great vacation!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was lighting dey azz up today

------------------------------------------------------
icamtech.com|[url=http://icamtech.com/led_candles]super bright leds[/url] [url=http://icamtech.com/led_Downlights]Led downlights[/url] [url=http://icamtech.com/led_street_light]Led street light[/url] [url=http://icamtech.com/led_light_bulbs]led bulbs[/url] [url=http://icamtech.com/led_ceiling_light]Led ceiling light[/url]

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home