January 06, 2007

BIG NEWS!

Okay grab a chair....you may need to sit down for this.

I got a job. Yes a real job!...I am now a breadwinner! No, I'm not pulling your leg....I know I've talked and talked for-eh-e-ver about maybe going back to work now that the kids require slightly less maintenance.......but

Hmmm....I can see this is going to take a bit of convincing on my part to make you beleive that I am actually a bona-fide working gal now, so while I'm spilling out the details of my new job to you.... do ya think you can kindly roll your eyes back into your head where I can see them?

As I was saying, as far as jobs go...nothing seemed to interest me or seem to be the perfect fit with the required wonky hours. Ya see, I want to be able to see my kids off to school and also be home for them when they return. So, nothing seemed perfect that is ......Until now!

Basically I work (if you can really call it that) 20 hours a week watching my neighbors daughter Sofi since her "nanny" has gone back to school. I have just finished up my first official work week and I have to tell you that it was so great. I am totally cut out for childcare...I love it.(Provided that the children aren't my own..*wink* ...and that the child is as sweet and well behaved as little Sofi is.)

And guess what??? Benefits. The pay will supplement my yarn addiction!! Woot! Woot! Can it get any better than that?

Okay, I can see that this is way too much for you to handle at this time.....so I will gladly give you pause to please pick your jaw up off the floor and perhaps get a paper bag to breathe into. I should've known that the shock of me "working" could get ugly.

Anyway, 2007 is going to be a great year!

Let me tell you why.

Last year pretty much sucked big time. I felt physically horrible for most of the year. Diagnosed with ovarian cancer, had it removed and then spent most of the rest of year recovering from it and the effects of the damaged vein in my leg that surgery has left me. It all really took a toll on my family, especially my children. And...financially, getting cancer is no picnic either. Just when I think I have paid the last medical bill, another one shows up via Mr. Postman. AARGHHH! We have paid over $10K in medical bills in 2006 and just received yet another one on Jan. 1st GGRRR (And so my deck and California family vacation get's postponed yet again) I do however have to thank God for good doctors and insurance....because I know it could've been a whole lot worse. Okay, so the turn around point in 2006 was getting Moose. He has been our comic relieff and joy since bringing him home in August. And he has really helped to heal all of us emotionally.

For 2007

Yes,I have a resolution. My resolution is this. To look people square in the eye when I talk to them. Undivided attention is very important....and it seems that I notice in others a lack of eye contact and wonder if I often do the same. I will make a concerted effort to not hide behind my knitting anymore, or other distractions when carrying on a conversation with others and to be fully present. I know it may not be your average run of the mill resolution, but I really want to live life this year to its fullest and be present every possible moment. A stretch? I don't think so.

Happy New Year Everyone!

7 Comments:

Blogger renee said...

That's a really nice resolution. I think it's hard in this hectic world to remain in the moment.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering what you have been up to. Hey - does that mean that you won't be coming on Wednesdays anymore? How old is the child?

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you with the job! I only work twenty hours a week too and it rocks!
I know your 2007 is going to be way better than 2006 was.
Happy new year and wonderful picture!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

Sounds to me like you deserve a GREAT 2007. Hope it happens.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on the job! It sounds like a great fit. And here's hoping to a great 2007 for all of us. :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

Yay for you!!!! And here's to a rockin' 2007

6:12 PM  
Blogger Corgimom said...

You are on your way to your New Year's resolution- making eye contact with everyone through the picture> ") Congrats on the job- but we'll miss ya...and already do...

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home