December 09, 2006

NO SWEAT

There will be no holiday stress for me this year! No, I absolutely mean it! I am so far ahead of where I usually am this time of year.

Christmas lights put on the house. CHECK
Christmas tree erected and trimmed. CHECK
Hang Christmas Stockings over Fireplace with care. CHECK
100 Christmas cards hand addressed, envelopes licked closed (ick) and sent out. CHECK
On-line gifts ordered, wrapped and shipped out. CHECK
TWO christmas teddy bears knitted and clothed. CHECK

Things left to do

Knit one more teddy bear and its clothes
Knit a man scarf.
Knit a man hat.
Knit one sock. yes, just one.
Buy a $10.00 secret Santa knitting related gift for SnB holiday party.
Buy more stocking stuffers for kids
Buy Teachers gifts.
Buy Bus drivers gift.
Mailman gift? Cash perhaps?
Wrap and try to re-hide all the kids gifts .....after I find where I hid them of course.
Buy lots of batteries

Like I said.... I am way ahead this year. I vow a no-stress holiday.
And just to be sure.....I've booked myself a hot stone therapy massage session over at the Spalon Montage the week before Christmas. Yay! Merry Christmas to ME.

Ya see....I'm serious this year. Abso-tively posi-lutely no holiday stress will be had. I am just going to enjoy the fun of the season with my family and friends. Whatever doesn't get done....will have to go un-done.


I meant what I said
I said what I meant
There will be no stress this Christmas
not one percent.


MERRY CHRISTMOOSE

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are way ahead of me, except I'm not knitting...you got your cards out already!

FYI, the postal service doesn't allow its employees to accept cash. Gift cards are OK, though.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I can't believe you have your cards out already! I am working on A LOT of knitting. I took out some of the decorations tonight but not the tree yet...the stone massage sounds lovely!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Kelle said...

Good for you.
I have enough Christmas stress from work, I'm not stressing Christmas at home. I'm knitting but not for Christmas, except one scarf. The trees been up since Thanksgiving but I didn't have anything to do with that, my husband and children did it.
I love your Haiku.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

Okay, does everyone give the mailman a present? I've never even thought of it. Am I a total schmuck?

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moose is so cute it should be criminal! Do your kids realize how adorable he is?
PS-I expect to see Tinkerbelle next time we knit;)

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home