December 21, 2006

Cool Yule

My mom and my sister Andrea both pulled through for me and sent me lots of
wonderful yummy christmas cookies. You can't even imagine my happiness over this. It certainly is going to be a very fattening christmas this year....but you won't hear me complaining.
(Not until January at least.)

Today I spent the day wrapping gifts from "Santa". It was fun to wrap, while listening to my two newest favorite christmas c.d's. Barry Manilow "A gift of Love" and Bette Midler's "Cool Yule". They are must haves in any Christmas music collection. .....and I find it a tad amusing that they are both Jewish singing Christmas classics.

Anyway, as I was wrapping along cheerfully....something positively magical happened. It started to snow ......and flakes the size of silver dollars were suddenly streaming down from the heavens. It was so beautiful and soft and peaceful....and I had to go outside because I'd never seen snowflakes that large before. Neither had Moose... He loved it too.

Then the second miracle of the day happened.

Byron surprised me by coming home from work three hours early. YIKES! What's up with that? I had his gift unwrapped and laying out all over the island in the kitchen. (No, not ME,people. Get your minds out of the gutter, will ya?)

Luckily, He didn't see his presents. But it certainly was a little shocking as I don't think he has ever come home that early before today. It was fun.

So all of the presents are wrapped. I think we went a little overboard with the kids christmas gifts this year......but then again, I tend to think that every year and Byron always thinks there should be more. OYE!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Happy holidays to you and yours, Lisa!

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What ever happened to peace love and understanding? All I see is news on debit card payment software .

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home