November 16, 2006

If Life Were a John Hughes Film.......

I saw this little fun game on my friend Beth's blog. Too funny. I love John Hughes films, so of course I had to play along.

Basically this is the soundtrack to the movie about my life (plus commentary de moi). Enjoy!

Here's how it works:
1. open your library (iTunes, winamp, media player, iPod)
2. put it on shuffle
3. press play
4. for every question, type the song that's playing
5. new question-- press the next button
6. don't lie and try to pretend you're cool

The Soundtrack of My Life
......................(A John Hughes Film).......................


Opening credits:

"She's A rebel" by Green Day

Oh but of course!

Waking up scene:

"The Black Lake" off the Harry Potter movie soundtrack

Now is the time I should mention that I share an I-pod with my 10 year old son.
Which will explain why the Harry Potter soundtrack is on it.


First day at school Scene:
"Sleep All day" Jason Mraz

Slap my knees funny.

falling in loveScene:

"Angel of Harlem" by U2

Again, part of my sons music library.


Breaking up Scene:
"Hogwarts Hymn" off the Harry Potter Soundtrack

Oh dear lord..... are there any songs at all on this i-pod that I actually listen to? I do have to admit though, that this is a really pretty song, and one that might be comforting during a break-up.

Prom Scene:
"I'm Alive" by Celine Dion
Okay, this is a little more like it. Prom was a time to Part-ay!

Life's okay Scene:

"I'll never tell" off the Buffy the vampire slayer musical episode soundtrack
Why yes, I do have Buffy songs downloaded onto my I-pod.

Mental breakdown Scene:
"Cryin'" by Aerosmith
Tee-hee - It's hilarious what comes up. Very appropriate song I might add. Not one I'd personally choose, but remember it's a game!

Driving Scene:
"The Sun" by Maroon 5
I must be driving a volkswagon convertible with the top down on the sunny california coast in this scene.

Flashback Scene:
"Love is a Many Splendored Thing" sung by Barry Manilow
A true flashback yes. I love Barry Manilow.

Getting back together scene:
"My heart will go on" by Celine Dion

(tee-hee)

wedding Scene:
"Janie's Got a Gun" by Aerosmith
Must be a shotgone wedding.

birth of child scene:
"Save Me" by Queen
I don't think I have ever even heard this song, but I have to admit I was a bit scared upon the births of my 3 children..

final battle scene:
"Anakins Dream" off the Star Wars Episode 3 Soundtrack
Whatever!

death scene:

"Jesus of Suburbia" Green Day

I can't beleive I let my son listen to this. I just downloaded the lyrics to this song. It's no wonder I am dead in this scene. Apparently I did a lot of drugs.



funeral song:

"Only one Road" Celine Dion
A beautiful waltz. In reality, would never pick this for a funeral song, but who knows.....I'll think about it.

end credits:
"Another One Bites the dust" Queen

Okay, so I cheated on this last one......the song I actually got was "Your Eyes Open" by Keene but that's a stupid song to end my life movie with, so I pressed forward on my I-pod and got Another one Bites the dust....which is much funnier.

Feel free to join the fun yourself, I'd love to see what you have on your MP3 player....and e-mail me your results please.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

I'll see your Buffy Soundtrack and raise you all 7 seasons on DVD, plus all 5 seasons of Angel. Well, and Firefly, too, but that only counts if you're a REAL Joss Whedon fan.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are great! Your "film life" sounds interesting with wizards and vampire hunters;)

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home