November 11, 2006

Family Hostage Situation

I have been a lot nervous all day since I found out about this family hostage situation that took place two nights ago.

Normally, reading about things like this.....makes me shudder and then wonder a bit why the world has gone so terribly wrong, but this.....(as it turns out) happened right here in my very own neighborhood. Literally right around the corner from me down the street that connects to mine. This is scary 'cause this one hits way too close to home.

I have always felt very safe in this neighborhood. All of this has changed and now I find myself feeling a kind of worry, I've never known before. Since we've never felt the need to activate our security system in the last five years we've lived here, We scrambled last night to remember our security code and double check windows and doors.

Thankfully the family (parents, 2 boys,1 girl and their dog) wasn't physically harmed. Although, I can't even imagine their emotional state.

Say a prayer.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was trying to figure out if this was in your area but didn't take the time to check. I hope they find the guy quickly! Be safe!!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I of all people know that crime can happen anywhere anytime. The nicer the homes the better the target. There is a show on the dicovery channel called "It Takes a Thief" that shows how easy it is to break into a house. Any house. As a crime prevention expert the best advise I can give to anyone is to make the criminal go to the next house. Lock your doors and windows. Thieves are lasy and don't like to work hard. Thats why they steal. Don't make your house an easy target.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is frightening! I hope this is an isolated incident, but be safe just in case.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

When I saw that story, I immediately thought about all the bloggers I know that live "out there". I, too, have always considered "out there" safe. When I think of my lax summer lockup policies...to run the store or something. I guess I won't be doing that any more.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry. Unfortunately, the world we grew up in is no longer in existence and we have to be very careful. I'm glad you have a security system and though this was probably a one time deal in your neighborhood, it is so much better to be safe than sorry.
Praying for you and the traumatized family as well.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

I am just over in EP, and I can tell you that it freaked me out as well.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home