October 18, 2006

Shakespeare in Love

Here's the pattern.....














It's called Shakespeare........and I fell so in love with knitting up this little goody that I will make myself one too.

Anyhow, this sweater is for my best friend Laura. No, I didn't keep it. Although beleive me, I was desperately tempted to. I also didn't knit it in the yarn shown on the pattern either. Instead, I chose Lana Grossa Royal Tweed in a brown. I was looking for a very fall autumn-y feel that matched the socks I just also finished knitting for her. I had a rocky start. Just a tiny mistake, really. Somehow, I forgot how to yarn-over. Uh-oh! (okay, big mistake as brioche is made up of lots of yarn-overs. But, once Kelle (the knitting wizardress) helped get me on the right track....I was up and running. Thank God for Kelle. What a gem.

Notice the chewed up corner on the top left corner of the pattern? FYI, this projectalmost didn't get completed....but thankfully I caught Moose (in the act) before he could do any real damage.


"Who Me? Us dogs always get blamed for everything, when all we wanna do is sleep in strange places."



Here is the sweater (in pieces) with me halfway through the front....















And Voila.....here it is two days later completed.







(Yes, I Rock)






And....they compliment the socks too, just as planned!















Monday afternoon I felt giddy while wrapping it all up very Pretty like......
and extremely releived to give my hands a break from knitting.






And Tuesday morning I went to the Post Office and sent it express mail overnight so that it could get there (Illinois) by today October the 18th.


Guess What? Yes, she received it today.... and loved it!!!!

It's always nice when someone appreciates all the hard work and love that is put into making their gift. In fact, when I was on the phone with her this evening. She said that she was wearing it and that it fit perfectly!

Eeks! I am beside myself with joy!

Coincidentally (and not at all related) today at SnB there was a discussion on gift giving. We all have slightly different views on it, but in my opinion.....I beleive that people give gifts (even when specifically asked not to) simply because it makes them feel so good in doing so.

I am reveling in my joy of successful gift giving.....and birthday remembering.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in love with that sweater! (and that puppy too for that matter-dishwasher sleeping...too adorable!). I am stunned that you finished it in two days! I aspire to be able to knit that quickly!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!! I have not been keeping up! The sweater looks great! I can't believe you finished it sooo fast! See you soon.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are awesome, girl!!
Moose is hilarious, I can't believe he got up on your dishwasher to sleep...silly puppy!

5:56 PM  
Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet said...

That's a super gift sweater and pair of socks! And cute puppy on dishwasher door photo! : )

6:42 PM  
Blogger Shelly Kang said...

You are awesome at giving gifts.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Shelly Kang said...

You are awesome at giving gifts. I love the sweater! I still feel misunderstood about the whole don't-bring-any-gifts thing. It's not that I didn't want her to get ANYTHING. It's all about moderation.

That moose is so cute I could just eat him up!

2:23 AM  
Blogger Guinifer said...

That turned out beautifully. Hope your friend loved it!

Ok - Moose is adorable. My Moose would break the dishwasher if he tried that.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home