August 23, 2006

Past, Presents and ........well....Bowling!

Lots of celebrating going on here lately. 10 days ago was my wedding anniversary and today is my birthday. Yep, I'm like 36 (or something like that) But, Whatever!

Let's face it, It's the presents that are the most exciting part of the whole birthday celebration right? Well, yesterday...the gift receiving began early as I opened my first birthday present. I got a call early in the day, from my Local Yarn store (coughknitwitscough) informing me that there was a gift there all ready for me to pick up from my mom and dad.

I was giddy all day long, waiting for Byron to get home from work so that I could finally go and see what it could be. Is it a book? Could it be some lovely malabrigo yarn, perhaps some needles or a felting kit?

Get this!

It turned out to be a $100.00 gift card!

Holy Moley Buckets of Yarn! I can get it all. The book, the yarn, the needles.

Ah - the gift card - such a great way to say "Happy Birthday Lisa!"

So, just imagine the size of smile that put on my face. Anyway, so mom and dad (who live in Nevada) are always talking about their ever increasing senile moments. Okay, I'm sorry, but (with all due respect to the parental units) I just don't buy it. Let's see....they remember my birthday still every year since like um 1970. (or some year like that) but Whatever! They remember the name of my Local Yarn Store.....AND they remember that I'm the daughter that loves to spend frivolously. Clearly they still got it goin' on.






















But what's up with those sideburns, dad?

Anyway, an awesome gift that my fellow knitter/Hooker friends can appreciate hearing about.

Speaking of hookers. I have decided to become one. (Sorry Kelle - the threats only make me want to rebel even further) So FYI mom and dad....this gift card could likewise be used to further my hookin' talents through classes. Oh, get your non-senile minds outta the gutter.....hooking? crocheting? What's the diff?

Thank You Mamma and Daddy!

Tonight, it will be dinner and bowling with Byron and the kids and then coming home for cake and ice cream and hopefully the opening of lots of presents.

Yes, there had better be presents!!!!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!

You have great control...I would have packed the kids up in the van and taken them to the store with me to find out what the gift was!

See you soon!

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I saw your baby picture it brought forth such
wonderful memories and a few tears to my eyes.
Keep on smiling and melting hearts wherever you go.
I'm so happy that God took the time to create You.
Love...........dad

4:05 PM  
Blogger limedragon :-: Harriet said...

Happy Birthday!! What a great gift! That's a sweet picture. : )

7:26 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Happy birthday Lisa!!! Are you 29 again??

9:26 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Belated happy birthday!! I love that picture of you and your dad. :)

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday miss Lisa!!!! I hope you did get lots of presents!

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
Happy Belated Birthday! I remember you as a happy baby! Such a cute picture of you and my big brother. I read his note and his sentiments almost made me cry…..how touching was that!
Anyways I hope you got lots of presents.
Auntie kathy

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home